Accreditation Standards & Compliance
Ever vigilant as to current and pending legislation, our focus is to deliver superior solutions that provide fully compliant, fully supported, future-proof results for our customers, time after time.
WPL products are EU-compliant and the company has achieved Achilles UVDB Verify, an independent audit of company safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) management systems.
WPL ensure that wastewater treatment plants are designed and proven to exceed all current or proposed discharge consent standards enforced by the UK Environment Agency, SEPA or other regulatory bodies, the directors, managers and staff are committed to ensuring adherence to the following.
BS1509001 CDM regulations and BIM maturity level 1 (working towards level 2). Promoting collaborative working methods.
- ISO 9001 certification – Quality Management System
- OHSAS 18001:2007 certification – Occupational Health & Safety Management System
- ISO 14001 certification – Environmental Management System
- UVDB Verified
- WPL Ltd is a registered waste carrier with the Environmental Agency. Registration CB/TM3480WK
WPL Diamond Range
- Original WPL Diamond is UK and European patented. This means that our design is completely unique. Registered number: GB 250337.
- CE marked, fully type tested and certificated in accordance with the mandatory European standard BS EN12566-3 2014 for small wastewater treatment systems – performance tested at an independent accredited facility Aachen, Germany by PIA Institute for Wastewater Technology.
- LABC Registered; pre-registered with Local Authority Building Control and is recognised by all LABC inspectors in England and Wales
Micro-station Diamond WPL – France
The Diamond range is CE marked, fully type tested and certificated in accordance with the mandatory European standard NF EN12566-3 2014 Annex A, B and C for small wastewater treatment systems up to 50 EH. Performance tested at an independent accredited facility Aachen, Germany by PIA Institute for Wastewater Technology.
- WPL Diamond DMS 20; French ministerial approvals published in the official journal of the French Republic.
WPL Diamond – Germany
- WPL Diamond product has German DIBT approval, certificate number Z-55.31-426 in accordance to DIN EN 12566-3 with CE marking.
WPL HiPAF sewage and wastewater treatment plants are CE marked and the WPL HiPAF compact is designed and manufactured to BS EN 12566-3. The larger WPL HiPAF plants are designed to BS EN 12255 – 1/15 and manufactured using BS 4994. All WPL HiPAF plants are fully compliant with UK Building Regulations and Environment Agency (EA) guidelines.
- WRAS approved material for the WPL Grease Guzzler
WPL’s site service engineers are all fully accredited to the British Water scheme, in co-operation with the Environment Agency. This rigorous standard involves a comprehensive training programme which, on completion, earns each engineer the title of ‘Qualified Service Engineer’ from British Water. This accreditation guarantees that WPL’s service engineers are dedicated to providing high quality, reliable service and fulfilling their environmental duties when maintaining sewage treatment plants.
British Water Packaged Treatment Plant (PTP) Focus Group
WPL Technical Director, Andrew Baird is the convenor of British Waters’ PTP Focus Group, which has been formed to provide input to the continued development of British and European Standards.
The group also promotes good practice in design, installation and maintenance of package wastewater (sewage) treatment plants up to 50 population equivalent.
WPL is also a member of British Water Trade Association for the UK Water and Wastewater Industry.
Continued Professional Development
WPL offer RIBA accredited CPD seminars for wastewater treatment solutions, and Lunch and Learn seminars for the utilities industry. The presentations include key information for architects, civil engineers and facilities managers who are involved with specifying solutions in sewage treatment or grease management.
WPL has earned a well-deserved reputation for working to the highest health, safety, environmental and quality standards. It is the objective of WPL Limited to provide our customers with product and service levels commensurate with their expectations developing an integrated management system based on the following standards.