Anoxic Wastewater Treatment
The WPL AN-SAF (Total N treatment) has been developed for applications that require Total N treatment. The process includes anoxic zones which are NOT aerated continuously but are periodically scoured via timed/automated control. The anoxic filter stage is filled with a media which has an optimum specific surface area to prevent potentially excessive build-up of biomass.
Pre and post anoxic wastewater treatment is possible, in combination with the standard aerated process:
- Pre-anoxic: Recirculation between aerobic and anoxic sections is possible, with integral pumps only
- Post-anoxic: Methanol dosing equipment available to meet stricter consents
Features and Benefits of the AN-SAF wastewater treatment unit:
- With anoxic and aerated zones within the same tank
Consistent process reliability
- Designed to achieve stringent consent standards
Low operating costs
- Self-scouring, no need for de-sludging
- No internal moving parts and safe working access for maintenance
- Retention time’s air flow rates and blower control play a major factor in the design
Simple and easy configuration
- The process can augment existing processes solutions
- Final engineering solution takes in to consideration ease of transportation to difficult access sites
- Allows for movement off site at a later date if the process is no longer required or requires relocation to another site
Can tailor air use
- Optimise energy consumption depending on site requirements
WPL tailor our robust and reliable anoxic wastewater treatment solutions to meet our clients’ demanding specifications and expectations.
Above ground installation, manufacturing options include:
- TBTM tanks – glass reinforced plastic (GRP)
- WPL Hybrid SAF modular tanks – glass reinforced plastic (GRP) with galvanised or stainless steel ‘exoskeleton’
- Stainless steel or steel tanks
Below ground installation, manufacturing options include:
- HiPAF range – glass reinforced plastic (GRP)
All GRP used in WPL’s sewage treatment products are UV stabilised external gel coat finish which extends the asset life to 25 years
The WPL AN-SAF wastewater treatment plant is manufactured with full access to all parts of the unit; all mechanical and electrical equipment is located in a separate, dedicated enclosure for easy maintenance.
WPL delivers bespoke wastewater process solutions which take into consideration investment and cost recovery, when tailoring the product offering to meet the varying specifications individual clients demand. The AN-SAF treatment plant can be used either to undertake full biological treatment or to complement existing process units.
WPL HiPAF sewage treatment options:
The WPL HiPAF brand (High Performance Aerated Filter) references the unique hydrodynamic profile within the filter bed. The benefit is a stable even biomass growth, during high or low flows meaning WPL is offering higher wastewater treatment efficiencies over other similar solutions on the market.
The WPL HiPAF Range is manufactured from glass reinforced plastic (GRP) and the range includes:
- The WPL HiPAF modular (up to 2000 population) is a WPL standard primary tank, separate SAF and humus settlement tank. The modular design can be configured with additional options depending on site requirements. Installed below ground
- WPL HiPAF bespoke (up to 5000 + population) systems could use an existing primary tank on site, WPLs SAF and combine with a WPL’s humus settlement tank or lamella or conical tank depending on customer or site requirement. Installed below ground.
The WPL HiPAF Range is manufactured from glass reinforced plastic (GRP).
The company’s SAF processes:
- Submerged aerated filter (fixed film SAF) – versatile modular systems that can be used to undertake full biological treatment or to complement existing process units in aerated fixed-film, anoxic fixed-film or aerated fluidised bed design options
- AN-SAF (Total N treatment) – has been developed for applications that require Total N treatment. Pre and post anoxic treatment is possible, in combination with the standard aerated process
- Nitrifying -SAF Ammonia Treatment – technology for applications where the Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) has been completely removed (below 20 mg/l average), but effluent is required to be fully nitrified, and further biological capacity is required for this application