Microscreen Drum Filter Tertiary Polishing Plant
WPL Clic-Clo Microscreen’s are typically used in municipal and industrial applications to mitigate the risk of compliance failures.
They are widely used for the reduction of Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD), Total suspended solids (TSS) and chemical precipitates, such as that generated in phosphorus precipitation. WPL Clic-Clo microscreens have been successfully applied to municipal and industrial applications in the UK and Europe.
The following can be achieved when the microscreen is being used in tertiary municipal applications, with a 40μm filtration cloth:
- BOD removal 60%
- TSS removal 30%
WPL Cli-Clo Microscreens are also available as skid mounted options for hire or pilot trials to ensure suitably for a client’s need before purchase.
Why you should choose the WPL Microscreen:
- Mitigates the risk of compliance failures.
- Up to 32 L.S-1/m2 of filter footprint area.
- Fully integrated treatment package for adaptation in to existing process streams – above and below ground.
- Choice of Form 2 or Form 4 control panels – to accommodate particular electrical specifications and can be connected to telemetry.
Low power consumption
- Typical 20 l/sec typical application consumes <0.3kw/hr.
- Unique design of the drum filter maximises the surface area of the filtration cloth to ensure high removal efficiencies.
Low maintenance system
- The patented ‘Cli-Clo’ system allows filtration cloth segment replacement, rather than an entire cloth.
- No chemicals required for maintenance requiring minimal weekly checks.
- Polyamide or stainless steel cartridges can be utilised – stainless steel is more suitable to some applications where polymer dosing is taking place upstream.
- Interchangeable cloth cartridges available from 20 microns upwards to provide flexibility on flow vs flux and cater for more stringent solids consents.
- CE marked and built to European norms.
- Tertiary, municipal wastewater
- Tertiary, domestic wastewater
- Phosphorus precipitates removal
- Paper mills
- Textile manufacture
- Breweries and wineries
- Fish production
Typical Indicative Continuous Flow Rates for the WPL Clic-Clo Microscreen Range of Drum Filters
Table Example 1: Influent max. in-flow capacity with TSS @ 25mg/lt (95%ile)
Table Example 2: Influent max. in-flow capacity with TSS @ 40mg/lt (95%ile)
Table Example 3: Influent max. in-flow capacity with TSS @ 100mg/lt (95%ile)
How does a WPL Clic-Clo Microscreen system work
The WPL microscreen combines physical screening and solids collection/extraction. This is most commonly used as a tertiary screen to ensure TSS compliance on overloaded municipal and industrial sites. The figure below shows the functional areas of the WPL Clic-Clo Microscreen:
WPL Clic-Clo Microscreen Cartridge Requirement
Hire Option: WPL Clic-Clo Microscreen – Skid Mounted with Flow Calming Tank
Permanent Installation: WPL clic-Clo Microscreen with Flow Calming Tank
WPL Clic-Clo Microscreen supplied with an access platform
The company’s screens portfolio includes:
- WPL Inlet “Bug” Screen – A transportable, above ground unit with storm overflow bypass incorporated.
- WPL Inlet Screw Screen – A general purpose screen for small to medium-sized works with an option to combine with dewatering and compacting equipment.
- Primary or tertiary WPL Industrial Drum Screen – A versatile unit particularly suited to treating wastewater containing viscose and fibrous elements in the widest range of applications.
- WPL Clic-Clo Microscreen tertiary polishing plant – A cartridge-based screen cloth designed to receive pumped or gravity flows in larger applications where the removal of tertiary solids and biological oxygen demand (BOD) is required.