WPL Disc Filter for tertiary treatment filtration
The WPL Disc Filters are designed for tertiary treatment filtration of large volumes of wastewater with demands for high quality of cleaned water. Water flows into the influent pipe of the unit, where it then enters individual filter cartridges. Impurities are caught inside the cartridge and clean water flows out.
WPL Disc Filters filter higher flows (volumes) of liquids. The ratio of the area used for the installation of a disc filter and the filter area is therefore quite small. It enables filtration from 10μm up to 200 μm mesh size.
The WPL Disc Filters are suitable mainly for tertiary filtration treatment, the removal of undissolved material from utility, municipal and industrial waste water.
The WPL Disc filter is fully automatic. The automatic operation is provided by a PLC unit which includes a programme with pre-set operation parameters including working levels.
Filter applications include:
- Treatment of effluent water
- Pre-treatment before Ultra Violet (UV)
- Pre-treatment of potable water
- Cooling water in various industries
- Inlet process water
- Recovery of valuable materials in different types of industry
- Industrial waste water treatment such as fish farms, paper industry, food and drink processing
WPL Disc Filters installed above in steel tanks or below ground in concrete channels.
The WPL Disc Filter for tertiary treatment filtration is available for purchase or hire.
Why you should choose the WPL Disk Filter:
Ease and speed of maintenance
- Removal and replacement of filter cartridge is exceptionally fast and easy
Low power consumption
- Gravity flows save energy costs
Speed of on-site installation
- The unit can be put into operation immediately after its installation
- Small unit with a large filtration that delivers high flows up to 500 L/s
- Alternative to micro-strainer drum filters
- Filters can be adjusted to suit customer´s needs / project
- Manufactured in stainless steel
- Resistant to wear and damage
Higher Quality Effluent Water
- Broad range of screens enables WPL to match products to the customers exact requirements
The basic filtering element is a fabric-coated filter segment. Water flowing into the inner space of the filter segment flows through the fabric while fine impurities are trapped on the cloth. The segments are fixed on the disc shaft. Twelve segments make up one disc. The number of discs determines the capacity, i.e. the size of the filter.
WPL offer disc filters with 4, 6, 10, 16 and 24 discs with a filtration range of 10 μm to 200μm. The filtration runs continuously without interruption.
The WPL disk filter cloth is available with mesh opening, sizes range from 10 μm up to 200 μm
Table. 2: Flows of filters in l/s to the content of undissolved material in filtered water up to 40mg/l