WPL HiPAF® modular system
Wastewater treatment system up to 2,000 people equivalent
The WPL HiPAF modular package wastewater treatment plant is for properties of up to 2,000 population equivalent (PE) where mains drainage is unavailable.
The process flexibility makes the the WPL HiPAF modular plant suitable for a range of applications from sewage to industrial trade wastewater treatment.
Designed to meet site specific requirements, our plants can be configured to meet various population sizes and to meet demanding, individual site requirements including Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) .
UK designed and manufactured in the glass reinforced plastic (GRP).
Footage of the four-unit modular WPL HiPAF modular system is part of a £1.2m municipal sewerage scheme meeting strict EU criteria to help clean up the environment in Mělník District, 30km north of Prague.
Why you should choose the WPL HiPAF modular system:
Low cost installation
- Compact design minimises excavation required offering small footprint and lower installation costs
- Modular design allows ease of transportation within the UK and to the continent
- The design has no internal mechanical moving parts within the tank – requiring minimal annual maintenance
- Option of isolating and removing sections of the air distribution so it is not necessary to empty the tank
- Safe, clean, accessible air diffuser system with large access lids for easy maintenance
- Humus and primary sludge are stored in one place for simple tankering operation
- Emptying of the tank is also not required during maintenance of air distribution system
- Optional low energy compressors with adjustable timers
- Chemical dosing packages can be tailored to the design for site specific requirements
- Optional duty-standby blower arrangement minimises energy use
- Variable speed drives can be used to optimise power use
Minimal visual impact
- Does not impede views due to the below ground installation
Variable flows and loads
- The unique design of the flow balancing in the primary tank means it can cope with variable flows and loads making it ideal for caravan sites and other seasonal venues.
- Fully compliant with UK Building Regulations and Environment Agency (EA) guidelines
- Designed using the British Water Code of Practice Flows and Loads, to ensure correct sized tanks
- Designed to BS EN 12255 – 1/15 and manufactured using BS 4994
- Proven WPL technology based on over 25 years empirical data
- Unique internal circulation system leads to increased process performance
- Use of high quality blowers and pumps underpins reliability of plant
- Robust operation and stand-by facility
- GRP is UV stabilised with an external gel coat finish which extends the asset life to 25 years
- Plants and kiosks are produced in a quality controlled environment at the WPL factory
- WPL tailor our robust and reliable wastewater treatment solutions to meet our clients’ demanding specifications and expectations
Can offer complete in-house design and specification service including a turnkey service of initial site survey, commissioning and project liaison if required
MK2 lids for commercial specification:
- All lids are lockable
- Large lids for easy access to each zone
- Assisted lifting with gas struts
- Fully serviceable due to easy access
- Easily removable air diffusers
- Optional safety grating when in place prevents risk of fall
Additional options to meet site specific requirements:
- WPL’s balancing tanks should be considered when sites have variable occupancy levels, such as sporting and wedding facilities
- WPL Sand Filters can improve final effluent for strict consent requirements
- WPL can supply a duty/standby blowers with automatic change over to ensure an uninterrupted air supply and maintain high levels of treatment
- Energy saving options such as variable speed drive blowers are available
News at a glance:
- Northumberland National Park visitor centre selects WPL package treatment Discover more
- Scottish world heritage site upgrades to a tailor-made WPL HiPAF® Discover more
- Yorkshire Water installs WPL HiPAF® in rural village Discover more
- WPL HiPAF® installed for hatchery wash water treatment Discover more
Typical commercial uses of the WPL HiPAF modular sewage treatment plant include:
- Animal waste options such as stables and kennels
- Agricultural growers and garden centres
- Camping and caravanning sites
- Custodial establishments
- Golf courses and fishing lodges
- Hotels, restaurants and public houses
- Housing developments
- Motorway service stations
- Manufacturing – industrial trade effluent
- Care homes and retirement villages
- Commercial buildings and offices
- Schools, colleges and training centres
- Stately homes and large country estates
- Villages and rural communities
- Visitor centres
- Zoos, theme parks and leisure attractions and leisure centres
For water utilities requirement, please see WPL HiPAF® bespoke System
About the WPL HiPAF®
The WPL HiPAF wastewater treatment plant includes primary settlement, biological treatment and final clarification processes.
The WPL HiPAF brand name refers to High Performance Aerated Filter, which is a unique hydrodynamic flow through the biological filter bed. This helps provide even distribution across the media that is housed in the tank; ensuring strong even growth of the bacteria used in the treatment process and providing a robust stable treatment.
Feeding the biological zone is WPL’s unique airlift forward feed, maintaining a stable and even food source that enhances bacterial performance to degrade contaminants.
WPL’s robust biological treatment process is guaranteed to meet specified discharges of BOD5, ammonia and suspended solids, underpinned by over 25 years of experience and empirical data.