WPL Lamella Separator
Lamella separators are used extensively to assist in the settlement process for removing suspended solids and settleable matter from municipal and industrial wastewater.
Continued research and development has led to the improved design of the WPL Lamella Separator which results in up to 95% efficiency. Key improvements to our previous WPL Lamella Separator now include the benefit of an inlet via a central channel; allowing calmed even flow to travel through both of the inclined plate packs.
Discharge occurs by use of a full length v-notch channel, which sits on either side of the WPL Lamella Separator. This significantly reduces the outfall velocity and results in less suspended solids being entrained in the final discharge.
Laboratory sedimentation tests
WPL offer in-house laboratory testing for sedimentation to verify settling ability. This dictates the dosage requirements of coagulants or polyelectrolytes to improve effluent quality or settling speed, if required.
Hire, trial or purchased options are also available.
Why you should choose the WPL Lamella Separator:
- Only 65% of the area required for clarifiers operating without inclined plates.
- Surface overflow rates are 2-4 times greater than standard clarifiers
- Surface overflow rate falls between 5-12m³/hour/m2 with a retention time of 60-120mins
- Internal plate configurations tailored to meet application requirements
- Option of unique design to suit specific process and/or application
- Dependent on site conditions – can be suitable for retrofitting to increase capacity in existing sedimentation tanks or to provide new settlement zones in existing assets
- High surface area of lamella plates results in greater settlement area; this allows for a smaller footprint that is reduced to as little as 10% of a traditional settlement tank.
- Compact and lightweight design ensuring ease of transportation and installation
Reduced installation cost
- V-notch outflow enables the units to be in a series with little or no fall
- Pre-set weirs and converting pipework offer quick and simple setup
Operation and maintenance:
- Minimal moving parts to keep operation and maintenance costs low.
- Easy to operate with no set-up or commissioning required
- Automatic sludge removal system can be fitted to reduce user operation
- Modular units can be used either individually or linked in series to accommodate variable flows, pump sizes and particle characteristics
- Design enables water clarification and rapid particle settlement
- Customised designs available to suit appropriate applications, with hire, trial or purchased options also available.
- Easy incorporation into most sedimentation tanks
- Lids, covers, ladder/staircase, walkways and access platforms
- Flow splitter, flow meters & flanged ports
- Automatic, flow proportional, single or multi-stage chemical pre-treatment
- Fully containerised dosing systems
- Fully automated PH adjustment system to ensure site discharge consents standards are achieved
- Pipe flocculators
- Automatic desludging systems
- Sludge pumps & sludge storage tanks
- De-watering systems
- Robust mobile skid mounted units for above ground applications
- Wash water treatment/purification
- Primary and secondary sedimentation
- Final polishing
- Sludge thickening
- Industrial process water
- Chemical industry – purification and thickening
- Paper and pulp industry
- Waste water with metal oxide residues
- Purification of the water from filtering processes
- Biological waste water treatment
- Re-circulation of water in the vegetable industrial
- Metalworking – cleaning of metal surfaces, iron and steel industry, reduction of scale residues
For technical specification information (including indicative drawing), please download the WPL Lamella Separators datasheet (available on this page).