The WPL Lamella Separator is designed to maximise efficiency in settling out solids in sewage and industrial wastewater. It can achieve high throughput in a minimal site footprint – some 90% smaller than traditional separators and clarifiers.
This highly efficient treatment process removes up to 95% turbidity, suspended solids and associated pollutants. The precision hydraulic design of the WPL Lamella Separator ensures even flow distribution over the inclined plates to enhance solids separation.
Discharge occurs through a full-length v-notch channel positioned on either side of the lamella separator. This weir design significantly reduces the velocity of the effluent flow resulting in a smaller quantity of suspended solids being transported to the outfall point.
- Utilities and municipal wastewater
- Industrial trade effluent
- Flexible installation options
- Why choose a WPL Lamella Separator
- Pilot trials and sedimentation tests
- Project applications
- Technical specifications
- New treatment plants
- Expansion of existing plants
- Above or below ground
- Extremely compact – occupies 90% less space than traditional settling equipment
- High treatment efficiency – removes up to 95% turbidity, suspended solids and associated pollutants
Minimal operation and maintenance
- No moving parts within the clarifier reducing risk of downtime
- Option of an automatic sludge removal system to reduce operator time
- Operation schedule can be incorporated into a human-machine interface (HMI) for greater efficiency, improved reliability and ease-of-maintenance
Reduced installation cost
- Supplied as complete units manufactured off-site
- Quick set-up due to pre-configured weirs and fixed pipework
- Lamella units can be linked in series or in parallel
- Compact and lightweight for ease of transportation and flexible installation
WPL can provide a pilot unit to conduct onsite tests that will identify the precise equipment required for your operation.
We offer simple sedimentation tests onsite or at our in-house laboratory. This makes it possible to verify settling capability of the system and the chemical dosing rates or polyelectrolytes required to optimise effluent quality and settling rate.
The excellent separation performance of WPL Lamella Separators has been proven in a wide variety of wastewater treatment projects. Here are some of the applications we can deliver.
- Utilities and municipal
- Pre-water treatment
- Wash water treatment
- Primary and secondary settling
- Tertiary treatment
- Sludge thickening
- Chemical production
- Food and beverage production
- Pulp and paper
- Iron and steel
- Metal finishing
- Biological cleaning
- Power and energy
Download the WPL Lamella Separator datasheet within the Assets section on this page.