Reducing industrial trade effluent costs
Companies with a wastewater stream can reduce trade effluent bills by letting WPL manage their entire industrial wastewater treatment and disposal system.
The Mogden Formula is the way UK regulatory authorities calculate trade effluent bills, based on the level of chemical oxygen demand (COD) and suspended solids (SS) in industrial wastewater, and the volume of effluent before it enters the sewers.
WPL can help manage and reduce effluent costs by working closely with clients to develop a site-specific industrial effluent treatment plant, operated and maintained through a comprehensive Managed Service Agreement.
Meeting your business goals
- WPL can provide a free full site audit to provide the specification for a bespoke industrial effluent treatment process
- WPL can supply the effluent system with no capital investment - payment is made monthly via a profit-share scheme
- WPL can take on full responsibility of operating and maintaining your industrial effluent treatment system - with no additional cost - allowing you to focus on your core business
- WPL can supply all maintenance equipment and consumables and carry out regular sampling remotely by telemetry
- Treating wastewater effluent to an acceptable level for disposal by mains sewerage reduces tankering costs - WPL can also manage any sludge removal from your site
- WPL ensures all industrial effluent treatment systems are compliant with relevant final effluent discharge standards
- As environmental standards rise, so will bills from water utilities – in the long-term, bills could increase significantly, impacting on your company’s overheads. Companies that act now in managing their wastewater operations will mitigate these effects