Industrial Effluent Treatment Plants
Meeting environmental legislation
Meeting environmental legislation on industrial effluent discharge is a challenge for a wide range of industrial manufacturing companies. Pollution incidents can damage corporate reputations and incur costly penalties. WPL provide a complete industrial effluent treatment solution for companies seeking to meet compliance standards and reduce costs determined by the Mogden Formula for charges for trade effluent.
WPL’s industrial effluent treatment plants are designed according to the requirements of individual industrial sites. Starting with a site survey to establish the exact specification of a given application and to determine the type of industrial effluent treatment plant required, WPL work closely with our clients to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
WPL’s effluent treatment systems can produce final effluent qualities that meet UK Environment Agency and World Health Organisation standards. Wastewater can be treated to meet standards for reuse.
Along with a comprehensive design and installation service, WPL also offer finance packages to meet clients’ budgetary requirements. Our industrial effluent plants are available on a range of hire and permanent options. Operational support and ongoing servicing of your effluent treatment plant is also available.
Why industrial wastewater treatment is as challenging as it is varied
Simon Kimber, discusses why industrial wastewater is as challenging as it is varied, which is why careful assessment and customised solutions are required. Industrial processes can produce effluents that are challenging in terms of their strength, variability and composition. Careful assessment of the physical, chemical and biological characteristics of the load can deliver a cost-effective and efficient treatment process.
Typical industrial wastewater applications include:
- Abattoirs, meat and poultry wastewater treatment
- Brewery, winery and soft drink manufacture wastewater treatment
- Baking and confectionery, ready meals and vegetable production and packaging manufactures wastewater treatment
- Commercial laundry wastewater treatment
- Cosmetics manufactures production and packaging wastewater treatment
- Dairy inc milk, cream, yoghurt and cheese processing and packaging wastewater treatment
- Fish processing wastewater treatment
- Paper mills wastewater treatment
- Petrochemical wastewater treatment
- Pharmaceutical wastewater treatment
- Textile manufacture wastewater treatment
- Waste recycling centre wastewater treatment
Industrial Wastewater Producer Options
WPL Hybrid SAFMore
Inlet Bug ScreenMore
WPL Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF)More
Inlet Industrial Drum ScreenMore
WPL Inlet Screw ScreenMore
WPL Settlement TanksMore
Primary Settlement TanksMore
WPL Secondary (Humus) Settlement TanksMore
WPL Disc Filter for Tertiary Treatment FiltrationMore
Microscreen Drum Filter Tertiary Polishing PlantMore
Wastewater treatment plant refurbishment & upgradesMore