Industrial trade effluent is liquid waste discharged into public sewers from a business or industrial process. Its contents are highly variable but may include substances such as chemicals and detergents that can be harmful to the environment if not treated correctly.
In giving consent for businesses to discharge industrial trade effluent, water companies may require it to be treated to a specified standard before it enters the foul sewer and becomes the responsibility of the utility to manage. Breaching this agreement and not fulfilling environmental obligations can result in fines or prosecution.
Solutions adapted to your industrial facility specification
Our full-scale operational hire solutions offers immediate enhancement to onsite performance, meaning environmental compliance is achieved and businesses have the time to plan out a permanent fix. Hire solutions can then be customised to your specific facility specification with the option to purchase or continue on hire.
- Equipment hire – quick setup and commissioning
- Customised solutions based on site need
- Dedicated support desk
- Sampling and in-house laboratory testing
- Maintenance and monthly site visits to ensure optimal performance
- Range of chemicals – performance guaranteed
Atana, WPL and WCS EE - WCS Group Partners
WPL and Atana technical and engineering teams work directly with customers to identify optimal solutions that address environmental and public health concerns throughout the water cycle.
WPL joined WCS Environmental Engineering division, which forms part of Marlowe’s grouping of water and air industry, in January 2021. This development means that across the group, the in-house skills and expertise are in place to deliver full turnkey solutions, from influent to effluent, with the capability to close the loop with water reuse.
Typical industrial wastewater applications include:
- Abattoirs, meat and poultry wastewater treatment
- Brewery, winery and soft drink manufacture wastewater treatment
- Baking and confectionery, ready meals and vegetable production and packaging manufactures wastewater treatment
- Commercial laundry wastewater treatment
- Cosmetics manufactures production and packaging wastewater treatment
- Dairy inc milk, cream, yoghurt and cheese processing and packaging wastewater treatment
- Fish processing wastewater treatment
- Paper mills wastewater treatment
- Petrochemical wastewater treatment
- Pharmaceutical wastewater treatment
- Textile manufacture wastewater treatment
- Waste recycling centre wastewater treatment
Industrial trade effluent
Save on water, power and spaceMore
Expand wastewater treatment site capacity with WPL-Hybrid-SAF™More
Adaptable wastewater treatment systemsMore
WPL Lamella is 90% smaller than traditional separators and clarifiersMore
Inlet Industrial Drum ScreenMore
Microscreen drum filter tertiary polishing plantMore
High quality design and small footprint DAFMore