Industrial trade effluent is liquid waste discharged into public sewers from a business or industrial process. Its contents are highly variable but may include substances such as chemicals and detergents that can be harmful to the environment if not treated correctly.
In giving consent for businesses to discharge industrial trade effluent, water companies may require it to be treated to a specified standard before it enters the foul sewer and becomes the responsibility of the utility to manage. Breaching this agreement and not fulfilling environmental obligations can result in fines or prosecution.
Solutions adapted to your industrial facility specification
Our soultions include operational hire service which offers immediate enhancement to onsite performance, meaning environmental compliance is achieved and businesses have the time to plan out a permanent fix. Hire solutions can then be customised to your specific facility specification with the option to purchase or continue on hire.
- Equipment hire – quick setup and commissioning
- Customised solutions based on site need
- Dedicated support desk
- Sampling and in-house laboratory testing
- Maintenance and monthly site visits to ensure optimal performance
- Range of chemicals – performance guaranteed
WCS Environmental Engineering
WPL and Atana are a part of WCS Environmental Engineering (WCS Group), which has the in-house skills and expertise in place to deliver from a single point of hire to full turnkey industrial trade effluent solutions. Whatever the challenge, we will work with you to find the right solution.
Typical industrial wastewater applications include:
- Abattoirs, meat and poultry wastewater treatment
- Brewery, winery and soft drink manufacture wastewater treatment
- Baking and confectionery, ready meals and vegetable production and packaging manufactures wastewater treatment
- Commercial laundry wastewater treatment
- Cosmetics manufactures production and packaging wastewater treatment
- Dairy inc milk, cream, yoghurt and cheese processing and packaging wastewater treatment
- Fish processing wastewater treatment
- Paper mills wastewater treatment
- Petrochemical wastewater treatment
- Pharmaceutical wastewater treatment
- Textile manufacture wastewater treatment
- Waste recycling centre wastewater treatment
Industrial trade effluent
Save on water, power and spaceMore
Expand wastewater treatment site capacity with the Hybrid-SAF™More
Adaptable wastewater treatment systemsMore
Lamella is 90% smaller than traditional separators and clarifiersMore
Inlet Industrial Drum ScreenMore
Microscreen drum filter tertiary polishing plantMore
High quality design and small footprint DAFMore