Industrial trade effluent - wastewater treatment
Industrial wastewater treatment and discharge guidelines are becoming increasingly strict in the UK. At WPL we design in accordance to the requirements of individual sites, starting with a site survey to establish the exact specification of a given application and to determine the type of industrial effluent treatment plant required. WPL work closely with our customers to ensure that projects are cost effective, delivered on time and on budget.
Pilot trials and sedimentation tests
WPL can provide a pilot unit to conduct onsite tests for industrial trade effluent that will identify the precise equipment required for your operation. We offer simple sedimentation tests onsite or at our in-house laboratory. This makes it possible to verify settling capability of the system and the chemical dosing rates or polyelectrolytes required to optimise effluent quality and settling rate.
Our effluent treatment systems can produce final effluent qualities that meet UK Environment Agency and World Health Organisation standards. Our wastewater treatment solutions can also meet standards for water reuse.
Our industrial effluent plants are available on a range of hire, trial and permanent options.
Typical industrial wastewater applications include:
- Meat (inc abattoirs)
- Food and beverage (inc dairy)
- Forestry, wood, pulp and paper
- Pharmaceutical, cosmetic and health care
- Materials and metals (inc. steel, textile - natural & chemical fibers)
- Oil and gas
- Water recycling
Along with a comprehensive design and installation service, WPL also offer finance packages to meet clients’ budgetary requirements. Operational support and ongoing servicing of your effluent treatment plant is also available.
Design Build Operate
Companies with a wastewater stream can reduce trade effluent bills by letting WPL manage their entire industrial wastewater treatment and disposal system. The Mogden Formula is the way UK regulatory authorities calculate trade effluent bills, based on the level of chemical oxygen demand (COD) and suspended solids (SS) in industrial wastewater, and the volume of effluent before it enters the sewers.
WPL can help manage and reduce these trade effluent costs by working closely with clients to develop a site-specific package industrial effluent treatment plant, operated and maintained through a comprehensive Managed Service Agreement.
Meeting your business goals
- Can provide a free full site audit to provide the specification for a bespoke industrial effluent treatment process
- Supply the effluent system with no capital investment - payment is made monthly via a profit-share scheme
- Take on full responsibility of operating and maintaining your industrial effluent treatment system - with no additional cost - allowing you to focus on your core business
- Supply all maintenance equipment and consumables and carry out regular sampling remotely by telemetry
- Treating wastewater effluent to an acceptable level for disposal by mains sewerage reduces tankering costs - WPL can also manage any sludge removal from your site
- Ensures all industrial effluent treatment systems are compliant with relevant final effluent discharge standards
- As environmental standards rise, so will bills from water utilities – in the long-term, bills could increase significantly, impacting on your company’s overheads.
- Companies that act now in managing their wastewater operations will mitigate these effects
News at a glance:
Getting it right first time - a guide to onsite industrial wastewater treatment
Tightening environmental standards and the rising cost of tankering wastewater mean more and more industrial process companies are taking control of their own treatment systems.
However, many who have opted for onsite treatment facilities have had their fingers burned by badly planned and delivered projects. Read the full article
Why industrial wastewater treatment is as challenging as it is varied
Simon Kimber, discusses why industrial wastewater is as challenging as it is varied, which is why careful assessment and customised solutions are required. Industrial processes can produce effluents that are challenging in terms of their strength, variability and composition. Careful assessment of the physical, chemical and biological characteristics of the load can deliver a cost-effective and efficient treatment process. Read the full article
Industrial Wastewater Producer
The WPL Lamella Separator is designed to maximise efficiency in settling out solids in sewage and industrial wastewater. It can achieve high...More
Inlet Industrial Drum ScreenMore
Microscreen drum filter tertiary polishing plantMore
WPL Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF)More